Dear Chapel Family,
As Adams and York counties enter the green phase of lifting COVID-19 restrictions, the Chapel elders and staff have been working on plans to reopen our church building to public worship services. This process will proceed in stages. We will begin live, in-person preaching beginning this Sunday, June 21 at 10:30 a.m. The worship music and announcements will continue to be pre-recorded for the live service. We will also continue on-line streaming of the service, just as we have for the last 10 weeks.
We will continue to register online to attend the in-person service on Sunday morning. Childcare will be provided for infants and toddlers from birth to 3 years old. At this time, we are not having Kids Church for 4&5’s, Power Source or Teen Church. The kids will join the service upstairs in the auditorium. There will be a “busy bag” prepared for children who normally attend Kids Church. We are working on a phased roll-out of children’s ministry during the month of July. If you would like to volunteer to serve in Kids Church, either with the 4&5s Alive! or elementary Power Source, please contact our Children’s Ministry director, Carlyn Freil.
Please click here to register you and your children for the services, so we know how many to prepare for. Sign-ups will close at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 20.
While we cannot guarantee the health and safety of every person entering the building, we are seeking to provide a clean and safe environment for those who choose to come. We encourage those of you with concerns and pre-existing conditions to continue to watch the service from home.
Here is the plan:
- Doors will be propped open as people enter and exit the service.
- Please use the hand sanitizer in the lobby upon entering the building.
- The staff and all volunteers will wear masks. Pastor Scott will take his mask off to preach. We will seat people 18 feet from the stage for safety.
- We strongly encourage everyone to wear a mask. If you do not have one, we can give you one.
- Seating will be every third row, with 4 seats between families.
- No paper bulletins will be handed out and no Bibles or hymnals will be available.
- The offering plate will not be passed. There will be a basket in the lobby and one on the table in the back of the auditorium.
- Sanitizing of door handles, bathroom fixtures and other frequently touched surfaces will continue before, during and after the service.
- The kitchen will be closed. If you desire coffee or tea, please feel free to bring some from home.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact either Pastor Josh at (717) 476-0825 or Pastor Scott at (717) 226-2999.