To serve effectively as the body of Christ, we need to love one another in humility and selflessness, living at peace with one another as Jesus modeled with His love and sacrifice for us. When we model God’s peace in Christian community, we worship God through our actions—and at the same time, others are drawn to worship Him for the transformative work they see He has done in us.
Read Romans 12:1-2:
- Why is it so easy to conform to the behavior of the world?
- What do you think it means to be transformed by the renewing of your mind?
Read Romans 12:3-13:
- Do you ever feel like you should be able to “do it all” as a Christian?
- What are some key components of Christian community when it works the way God intends?
- What in this passage stands out as especially challenging to you?
Read Romans 12:14-21:
- What are some practical ways that we can bless those who mistreat us?
- Would you say these behaviors are developed through effort and practice, or that they happen as a result of walking with the Lord?
- Do you find it easier to live out these things with fellow Christians or with those who don’t know Christ?
Taking it home:
- How can we better help one another live the lifestyle described in this passage?
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
2 Chronicles 6:18-42; Isaiah 43:14-21; Isaiah 66:18-23; Zephaniah 3; Zechariah 8; Malachi 2:10-3:4.