God asked Mary to do the impossible. He asked a young, engaged girl to bear the Son of God even though she had never known a man. What a responsibility! But by God’s grace, Mary did it. Her faith was sufficient to see her through, and ours can be as well if we focus on the promise of the gospel.
Read Luke 1:26-38:
- What does the angel tell Mary about her relationship with God?
- What qualities of God’s character are on display in His choice of Mary?
- What is the difference between questioning God and asking questions of Him?
- When was the last time God did something unusual and unexpected in your life? Were you able to connect that event to God’s faithfulness?
- What are you trusting God with today? Are you anxiously or patiently waiting for God to fulfill His promises?
- In what area of your life do you need to believe that nothing is impossible with God? What keeps you from trusting in this hope?
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
Jeremiah 23:1-8; 1 Peter 1:3-6, Colossians 1:24-29, Romans 5:1-5, Romans 15:4-6, Ephesians 1:15-23.