Revelation 21:1-8 & 22:12-20
Come, Lord Jesus!
We live in the “already, but not yet” time of God’s kingdom. The kingdom came to earth when Jesus was born, but it won’t be completely redeemed—restored to God’s perfect design—until the new heaven and the new earth after Jesus’ return. The waiting period we find ourselves in can be painful. The pain of waiting makes us long for Jesus to come back.
Read Revelation 21:1-8:
- What do you think it will be like living without fear, pain or death, and with the continual and direct presence of God?
- How do the promises in verses 6-7 make the pain and suffering we go through today worth it?
- Where are some places people turn to satisfy their spiritual thirst, other than to God? Why do those things not ultimately satisfy?
Read Revelation 22:12-20:
- What do you learn about Jesus and His invitation to “Come” in verses 13-17?
- What is the significance of God’s invitation in your own life?
- Why is this picture of eternity good news for Christians? How does this hope and future motivate you to live now?
Taking it Home:
- How do these passages encourage you? How do they challenge you?
- In what ways are you ready for Christ to come again? In what ways are you not ready?
Additional Scriptures to Engage with this week:
- Psalm 18
- Psalm 27
- Psalm 38
- Psalm 69
- Psalm 70
- Psalm 71