We are needy people who depend on Christ for everything that we have. If we live in light of this truth, our lives will exhibit gratitude and thankfulness. When we see all that God has done in the past and in the present, it is natural to invite others to know Him and find the gratitude that comes from knowing Him.
Read Psalm 66:1-7:
- Do you see yourself as a grateful person?
- How do you usually express gratitude?
- What would it look like for you to point out God’s work to people who don’t know Him? How could you do this in your regular conversations without forcing the issue?
Read Psalm 66:8-20:
- Why might it be important to look for what God is doing right now, and not just what He did in the past?
- What have you learned about God in trying times that you would not have learned if things had gone well?
- We usually spend more time asking for prayer than we do talking about answered ones. What are some prayers of yours that God has answered?
Taking it home:
- How can you more visibly live out a thankful attitude for all that God has done for you?
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
Psalm 47; Jeremiah 33:1-11; Psalm 98; Colossians 3:12-17; Psalm 100; 1 Chronicles 16:7-36.