Isaiah 44:1-8 reminds us of God’s unwavering commitment to His chosen people, promising to pour out His blessings and restoration upon them. As we reflect on this, we recognize the Holy Spirit’s pivotal role in guiding and empowering us to face life’s challenges boldly. Amidst trials and tribulations, we are invited to reject the empty allure of idolatry and embrace the truth. This truth fuels our courage, reminding us that God is in authority and always near to us. By anchoring ourselves in His faithful promises and yielding to the Holy Spirit’s guidance, we can navigate life’s twists and turns with unwavering courage.
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
- Isaiah 32
- Joel 2
- Ezekiel 39:21-29
- Isaiah 35
- Zechariah 12:7-13:1
- Romans 8:8-39
Use SOAP through the summer
Growth Groups take a break during the summer months, so we don’t have specific discussion questions for these Engage passages. Instead, we encourage you to use the SOAP Method (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). It’s a systematic way to engage with the Bible, encouraging personal reflection, spiritual growth, and a deeper understanding of Scripture. The tabs below will explain each step and offer some specific guidance and questions to ask as you reflect on the Scriptures.
Pray before you begin asking God to help you understand and apply what you read. Read the passage through once or twice before moving on to observation.
Consider any of these as you study the passage:
- Unpack the passage by answering who, what, where, when, why and how.
- Look for words that stand out to you or are repeated throughout the passage.
- List the characters involved and write out what you learn about them.
- Write out the passage in your own words.
- List any question you have about the passage.
Summarize the truth of this passage in your own words. Then ask yourself, is there some area of my life where this truth is needed?
- Is there an example for me to follow?
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a verse to memorize?
- Is there a promise to claim?
Write out a brief prayer to close your study:
- Tell God what you learned in his Word.
- Commit to applying the truths you learned in this passage.