Paul’s defense of his ministry can help us put together our own personal testimonies to communicate the gospel to those around us.
If we believe God created the world and its inhabitants to have a relationship with Him, then we must facilitate that connection as much as it is within our power. But how do we share the gospel with others? One way involves sharing your own testimony of receiving the gospel by faith. The apostle Paul gives us an example of this in his defense before King Agrippa in Acts 26.
Read Acts 26:1-11:
- Why do you think discussions about religion and faith are so controversial?
- What is most striking to you about the way Paul describes himself before coming to Christ in faith?
- How would you describe yourself before coming to Christ in faith?
Read Acts 26:12-18:
- Put yourself in King Agrippa’s shoes listening to Paul. How would you have responded to Paul’s testimony of interacting with Jesus on the road to Damascus?
- Why does the gospel of a crucified and resurrected Savior sound so unbelievable?
- How would you describe the circumstances of your coming to faith in Christ through the message of the gospel?
Read Acts 26:19-32:
- How does Paul describe his mission and his message?
- What were some of the ways that people responded to the message that Paul preached?
- How can we expect people to respond to the gospel message when we share our own testimony?
Taking it Home:
- How can you prepare yourself to share your own testimony of coming to faith through the gospel?
- What steps will you take to respond to others with gentleness and respect for the honor of Christ?
Ways to Pray:
- Adoration: Praise God for his power to transform lives, as seen in Paul’s testimony before King Agrippa.
- Contrition: Acknowledge any doubts or fears we may have about sharing the message of reconciliation with others.
- Thankfulness: Express gratitude for the hope of eternal life and the promise of resurrection that we have in Christ.
- Supplication: Ask God to give you a humble boldness as you tell others what He has done for you.
Additional Scriptures to Engage with this week:
- Philippians 3
- 1 Timothy 1:8-17
- John 15:18-16:15
- Isaiah 42:1-9
- 1 Corinthians 2
- Psalm 96