By embracing righteousness, integrity, and wisdom, and by living according to God’s principles, we effectively represent Christ in our lives. Our unity with other believers, marked by humility, selfless love, and the fruits of the Spirit, becomes a powerful demonstration of Jesus’ transformative power. Through supporting and uplifting one another, we foster a strong and harmonious community that not only reflects the character of Jesus but also exemplifies the importance of unity among believers. Together, we become a compelling testimony of Christ’s love and truth to the world.
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
- Psalm 101
- Romans 2:1-16
- James 3:13-18
- Philippians 1:15-2:18
- Galatians 5:13-26
- 2 Corinthians 12:14-13:14
Use SOAP through the summer
Growth Groups take a break during the summer months, so we don’t have specific discussion questions for these Engage passages. Instead, we encourage you to use the SOAP Method (Scripture, Observation, Application, and Prayer). It’s a systematic way to engage with the Bible, encouraging personal reflection, spiritual growth, and a deeper understanding of Scripture. The tabs below will explain each step and offer some specific guidance and questions to ask as you reflect on the Scriptures.
Pray before you begin asking God to help you understand and apply what you read. Read the passage through once or twice before moving on to observation.
Consider any of these as you study the passage:
- Unpack the passage by answering who, what, where, when, why and how.
- Look for words that stand out to you or are repeated throughout the passage.
- List the characters involved and write out what you learn about them.
- Write out the passage in your own words.
- List any question you have about the passage.
Summarize the truth of this passage in your own words. Then ask yourself, is there some area of my life where this truth is needed?
- Is there an example for me to follow?
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a verse to memorize?
- Is there a promise to claim?
Write out a brief prayer to close your study:
- Tell God what you learned in his Word.
- Commit to applying the truths you learned in this passage.