We may experience difficult circumstances, but we can face these situations with trust in God, who is good and is present to help us.
Read Hebrews 10:36-12:3:
- After hearing these accounts of people who lived by faith, which situation(s) do you most relate to today?
- Is there a promise or hope you have that you’re afraid God won’t fulfill in your lifetime?
Ways to Pray:
- Adoration: Praise Jesus for being the greatest example of enduring faith in the midst of suffering.
- Contrition: Confess any areas in which you have not been faithful or have failed to persevere in faith.
- Thankfulness: Give thanks for the examples of faith in the lives of His people who have gone before us.
- Supplication: Ask God to help you keep your eyes fixed on Jesus this week.
Additional Scriptures to Engage with this week:
- 1 Kings 18:20-40
- Daniel 6
- Judges 7
- 2 Kings 4:1-37
- Jeremiah 37
- 1 Kings 21