2 Samuel 6:12-23
As David and the people brought the ark to Jerusalem, they were filled with an unspeakable joy. When the presence of the Lord returned to Jerusalem, David couldn’t contain his joy and he wasn’t concerned with what he looked like as he truly worshiped.
Read 2 Samuel 6:12-16:
- When was the last time you couldn’t contain your joy during a time of public or private worship?
- How do you balance passion for God and reverence for His holiness?
- Why do you think Michal reacted to David the way she did in verse 16?
- If you’re familiar with the Biblical accounts of Michal’s father and David’s predecessor, King Saul, how did he behave similarly or differently from David in this passage?
Read 2 Samuel 6:17-23:
- What was David doing in verse 20, and what was the reaction he got?
- Have you ever been blindsided by a loved one’ accusations, anger, or resentment?
- What do you notice in David’s response?
- What does David’s reply to Michal say about his character?
Taking it home:
- What would our families, and our church look like if we were as passionate as David about pursuing God?
- In what ways do your day-to-day actions display a reverent love and passion for God? What can you do this week to pursue God in a greater way?
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
Psalm 105:1-15 • Mark 3:13-35 • Psalm 69 • Acts 2:1-13 • Psalm 30 • 1 Corinthians 1:27-2:16.