Though God’s ways and thoughts are not our ways and thoughts, He has revealed Himself to us in a manner and way that we can understand. God’s revelation of Himself is Jesus. Because the Bible teaches us that Jesus is God, we can know everything we need to know about God by looking to Jesus.
Read John 14:1-14:
- What does Jesus mean in referring to Himself as the Way? the Truth? the Life?
- What do you think Jesus meant by the phrase, “I am in the Father and the Father is in Me” (verse 10)?
- How is it possible for you and I to do “greater works” than Jesus did?
- What do you think it means to ask God for something “in Jesus’ name”?
Read John 14:15-31:
- When Jesus told the disciples that He would send “another,” He used the word that meant another of the same kind. The counselor will be like Jesus Himself. In what ways is the Holy Spirit like Jesus?
- How is the Holy Spirit our “helper” (v. 16)? In what ways does the spirit help us in our walk with Christ?
- What comes to mind when you think of the Holy Spirit?
- How does Jesus give peace differently from the way the world does?
Taking it home:
- Do you believe Jesus could come back today? How does that question impact the way you live?
- What does it mean to you that the same Holy Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in every believer?
Other Scriptures to Engage with this week:
1 Corinthians 1:19-31 • Ezekiel 37:15-28 • Jeremiah 32:36-44 • Isaiah 60:17-22 • Ezekiel 34:17-31 • Revelation 21:1-5